Many moons ago, my good friend Eleni bestowed this award on me, and finally now all that medical stuff is over and done with, I’ve got time to accept the challenge.
I’m going to tell you 7 fun and interesting things about myself. Fun? Interesting? Hmmm.... well here goes.
1. I was born at Peninsula Animal Aid and two of the four puppies in my litter died unexpectedly at 11 weeks old. Mum was out running one day and ran into the man who took the other surviving puppy, whose name is Max. He is very good looking (just like me).
2. I like dry Weet-Bix, straight from the box. If forced, I will eat them with milk.
3. I did my cruciate leaping off the retaining wall near the clothes line, while protecting the family home from the little dogs next door. This has resulted in ongoing problems, four different plaster casts (like the red one in the photo above), years confined to the garage while it healed and a new fence halfway across the yard to stop all further access to the retaining wall.
4. I have never figured out how to jump up into the car. Can put the front paws up on the seat, but the back paws need help every time.
5. I have a red and black tartan dog jumper that looks very David Jones/Myer and keeps me toasty warm in winter.
6. I am in love with Margaret across the road and the A-team at the vet – Jenny, Tricia and Jacqui. And especially Lindsey, my doggie physio, who got me walking again.
7. I have learnt to roll over onto my back so vets and vet physios can look at my bung leg. When I was learning, Mum used to sing me a song for rolling over. It goes like this:
There were ten in the bed and the little one said
And they all rolled over and one fell out.
I’m sure you know the song. Anyway I’ll let you in on a secret. I can roll over all by myself, no singing involved. But Mum thinks I can only roll if she sings. So every time we go to the vet, I make her sing… It makes my tail wag every time I think of it.
OK so that's me done. Now I'm meant to nominate 7 others to do this. But I don’t know any other dogs that blog. So if you think you’d like to take up the challenge, feel free to accept the Kreative blogger award on my behalf.