Monday, March 25, 2013

March 2013 - Still Cancer Free

Well, it's been a while since I posted. I'm sorry about that. Here in Queensland it's been raining, and raining and raining. And flooding and flooding and flooding. So we've been refencing and repairing flood damage and things like blogging went out the window. (Well, I wasn't fixing fencing, I was asleep on my bed back at the shed, Mum and Dad were fixing fencing.)

So, in early February I went back to the vet because I was still having nose bleeds and he decided to put the scope up my nose (YUK) and find the mystery object in the back of my nose. So off I went to vet hospital and they gave me some nice medicine to send me to sleep, and while I was out for the count, they went into my nose (YUK). The mystery object turned out to be a fluid filled cyst that burst when they touched it (DOUBLE YUK). So they collected the bits for pathology and washed my nose out with antibiotics, then woke me up and sent me home with mum.

The great news - its nothing cancerous. Just some weird cyst thing and nothing to do with my radiotherapy site. Even better, I haven't had a nosebleed ever since. Although its not one hundred percent fixed. If I dig in the dirt, I do get a crusty nose. This is because I don't have the glands that make runny noses anymore, so it doesn't self clean. Not that I care, but Mum and Dad are a bit fixated about it not getting infected. Especially since I dig up every hidden treasure Misty buries.

Ever since my operation I have made an official decree - no-one even looks in my nose now. So Mum and Dad have to be very tricky and sneak a look when I'm just waking up. A quick look is okay. But no touching. Fingers crossed, that's the end of the nosebleeds and I can go back to being a normal dog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment